Friday, November 12, 2010

Do you tube too?

As well-informed and educated Americans, we all know that the Internets is a series of tubes. One of the most important of these is the YouTube.

I’m going to let that one sink in a little bit.

In all seriousness, YouTube has been an Internet staple of mine since I first discovered it in 2006. I catch myself mindlessly browsing the site for some cheap laughs and time-wasting entertainment. I am on this website daily. With 35 hours of video being uploaded a minute, I know I’m not the only one (other than the trolls, anyway).

Music, Comedy, Drama, News, Memes...

Nearly everything that you could ever want to watch is on YouTube*. The best word to describe this website: random. I watch videos on related video lists just because I can. Because of this, 5 minutes of browsing turns to 15, 15 minutes turns into 40, and all of a sudden, I look up at the clock to find out that I have wasted 3 hours of my life. Guilt sets in with depression soon to follow. I then distract myself with a video of two bunnies in cups because really, who could be sad after watching that?

That's right: only Dallas Cowboys fans.

With so much traffic on this website every day, does it make you wonder about the world?

…No? I didn’t think so. Here are some links to videos that are important for your soul:

Artistic Representation of Misogyny in Society

Child Prodigy's Ukulele and Singing Demonstration

Beautiful Rendition of Nickelback's "Photograph"

Mind-blowing Martial Arts Demonstration

A Touching Moment between a Girl and her Dog

The Russian who Single-handedly Ended the Cold War

A Man who can Change your Worldviews in Seconds

How to Seduce Anyone of any Gender

...and there are so many more videos to be watched! Why are you still reading this?!

YouTube


*Go to Netflix and Hulu for Movies and TV shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment