Monday, March 28, 2011

My World

Back in 1967, a man named Marshall McLuhan once said:
The wheel is an extension of the foot, the book is an extension of the eye; clothing, an extension of the skin, electric circuitry, an extension of the central nervous system.
While I like the concept, I disagree with some of it. I don't buy into the notion that our eyes are an extension of books. If it really were the case, reality would be an extension of our eyes because we use them as a looking glass into the world. When we write, I believe that it is actually our minds that are being extended. In fact, you're looking into my mind at this very moment.



Welcome to my world.

Take your socks off, tilt your chair back, and make yourself comfortable. This is a place of cathartic release. Not only will it be therapeutic, but you may learn something along the way. Or not.

My goal is to create a blog that ebbs and flows like the ocean of my thoughts. I'll be writing about anything and everything that comes to mind. I'll do my best to keep it timely and related to current events, but I've already made an unprovoked reference to McLuhan. Shame on me.

Warning: this is my first personal blog (Myspace doesn't count).

I've written for two others (Muncie Vice and Notes from the Digital Frontier), so I hope that this one won't suck. If I've kept your attention for this long, I'm already happy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment